Moving your business to a new location (or opening a new location) can be an exciting experience. Before you make that final commitment, it is important to consider how your telecom services may be impacted. Many leases are signed without realizing the effects this can have on their telecom spend, and the services they will need to support their business.
Before you sign the lease, consider the following:
- Current internet bandwidth: Is your current Internet service supporting usage? Before you move, determine your current and future telecom needs.
- Carrier availability: Your existing or preferred carrier, service and product of choice may not be available at your new location. We can provide this information quickly to help you make an educated decision.
- Determine Pricing: Depending on who the underlying carrier is, costs will vary. A great price or the same price isn’t always guaranteed when moving. Let us assess to provide an accurate cost summary.
- Termination and Change Fees: Not all carriers will move your services without charging ETF’s (early termination fees). Investigating other carriers servicing the area may result in better service at a lower price, negating these costs.
- Construction Costs: A construction effort may be required to get the contracted services to your office incurring additional costs, even in areas where services are already available. Make sure you know going in what that could look like.
- Timeframe: Timeframes to install service can go past 120 days. Make sure you are looking at your options well in advance.
- Cutover: Tight planning and coordination with your IT Department, Service Providers and Building managers is critical to a smooth cutover to the new location. Make sure the new systems are thoroughly tested before you go “Live” in the new location. Resolving issues after you go live is exponentially more costly and impactful that before you are relying on them.
- Disconnects: Don’t forget to cancel your services and return any leased hardware after your new services are up and running. We can guide you on how to do so.
If you are considering moving, Teledata Select, can provide you with the proper paperwork and help coordinate your move. Reach out to me and let’s weigh your options.
Teledata Select offers a whole range of services that will help you meet your business goals. Starting with a complimentary review of your current telecommunication bills to identify errors and find opportunities for savings, better service and more functionality. We also offer project management for new service implementation and infrastructure installs, including fiber and low voltage cabling. Call us at 404-257-1502 to discuss your current Telecom Service Solution and what you would like to get out of it. Or send us a note via This Link to start a no obligation discussion of your specific business technology needs.
John Hagan is President of TeleData Select, a Telecommunications Consultant located in Atlanta, Ga serving customers throughout the US and overseas. His company provides business solutions for voice, data, mobile and cloud solutions for both large and small businesses. Contact John or their team for a complimentary telecom audit to make sure you’re getting the best value for communication services. The savings you receive could offset the cost of purchasing a new Hosted or Premise VoIP phone system