Has your business been considering moving its phone system to the cloud? There are various benefits beyond making the transition between office and remote work seamless. A cloud-based telephone system is a basis for a platform that integrates communications (Phone, SMS, Video, Chat, etc) with customer and vendor data to provide a full-featured service experience. The name of this platform is called Unified Communication as a Service or UCaaS. Most are referred to as VoIP or Voice Over the Internet.
5 things to consider before deciding on a new VoIP or UCaaS system for your business.
1. What would the impact be on your business if your current office phone system experienced an outage, or your equipment failed? Strong, hosted VoIP UCaaS services include access redundancy to their software, limiting impacts.
2. Are your employees (regardless of location) on a single system for voice communication? Multiple systems across many locations add complexity and cost to your telecommunication solution.
3. How are you (and your customers) communicating with remote workers? At a minimum, a telecommunication system should allow employees to have the same business phone number, regardless of their location.
4. How much am I spending on my current phone system (PBX) in your office, including leasing and maintenance. Is the equipment still supported by the manufacturer?
5. Why wouldn’t I move to the cloud? What are the downsides of a cloud based phone system? And who within your organization will help implement, manage, and set up your auto attendant and call flow?
The data points that come out of this exercise are a good starting point. An experienced telecom representative can take this information and apply it to the myriad of providers and features available to help you decide if a cloud based VoIP or UCaaS solution is right for your operation and cost effective for your bottom line.
• Cost Savings: The platform is subscription-based and hosted remotely so there is no hardware to buy and support.
• Advanced Functionality: A UCaaS platform will often connect with ease to your current CRM (customer relationship management) platform or database.
• Reliability: A geo-redundant UCaaS provider yields dependable assistance, even if you were to lose power at your office.
• Flexibility: UCaaS allows for multiple channels of communication to best meet the expectations and desires of your customers and vendors.
• Enhanced Collaboration: Multiple communication channels allow for easier collaboration between your employees using Chat, SMS, or other channels.
• Communications Continuity: With one integrated communication system, everyone has access to the same data and platforms, ultimately allowing for easier management.
Hopefully, this information has given you some food for thought around about cloud based phone systems and if it can benefit your business. Over and over again, we have seen businesses make the move and are all the better for it. Every business is different, talk to your telecom provider or broker to get a detailed evaluation for your situation.
Teledata Select offers a whole range of services that will help you meet your business goals. Starting with a complimentary review of your current telecommunication bills to identify errors and find opportunities for savings, better service and more functionality. We also offer project management for new service implementation and infrastructure installs, including fiber and low voltage cabling. Call us at 404-257-1502 to discuss your current Telecom Service Solution and what you would like to get out of it. Or send us a note via This Link to start a no obligation discussion of your specific business technology needs.
John Hagan is President of TeleData Select, a Telecommunications Consultant located in Atlanta, Ga serving customers throughout the US and overseas. His company provides business solutions for voice, data, mobile and cloud solutions for both large and small businesses. Contact John or his team for a complimentary telecom audit to make sure you’re getting the best value for communication services. The savings you receive could offset the cost of purchasing a new Hosted or Premise based solution.